Wilderness First Aid, May 26-28, 2018
Please read about the class below and go to this website for more information and to register: MEDIC SOLO Disaster + Wilderness Medical School. Registration button is at the top of the home page. *The price of the class includes three full days of instruction with hands-on training, training book, and weekend camping accommodations.*
Mired in the wilderness of an urban disaster zone, rural area / remote travel not near a hospital, or natural area miles from an access point. Hands-on learn how to save life and limb during the critical minutes or hours before ambulance / hospital hand-off.
The MEDIC SOLO Disaster + Travel + Wilderness First Aid Course is a blended experience of classroom and hands-on learning. ~50% of student time is spent rotating as mock rescuer and mock patient in realistic care-giving scenarios, making the most of learning-by-doing, and forming muscle memory.
- No prerequisites
- For adults and focused youths ages 12+
- Know your loved ones are safe wherever they are.
- Hands-on learn how to care for an injured / ill person during the critical minutes or hours before ambulance / hospital arrival
- Blend of classroom instruction & hands-on rescue scenario practice
- Approved by the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), Girl Scouts of the USA (GS-USA), American Camping Association (ACA), University of Virginia (100% reimbursement for academic employees!), and more
- 8:30am – 6:30pm each day
- 2-year internationally-renowned SOLO WFA certification
- Counts as recertification for WFA, AWFA, WFR and wilderness part of W-EMT