John D. Bradshaw, Owner
Phone (cell): 304-257-3493
CB channel 31
The property entrance is a dirt track with two 8’ wide, green gates – they will be open.
The coordinates to the property entrance are: N 39°11’34.73” W 79°00’36.89”
IMPORTANT: You must use the directions below since online maps/online directions to the property entrance may not be accurate. Alternatively, you can use the online provider of your choice to get directions to the Old Fields Post Office (165 Old Fields Road, Old Fields, WV 26845) and then enter the coordinates above from that point.
Directions from Old Fields Post Office:
- Stay on Old Fields Road for 7 miles (you must go past the Post Office). The road gets smaller, steeper, the road markings disappear, and it climbs to about 2,000 feet. Watch the corners, the locals use this road as a rally stage.
- Towards the top, you’ll go around a 90 degree left-hand bend and on the right there will be an entrance with a red gate: this is Shawnee Road, the next turn is a 90 degree right, here you have a rock parking area on the left and a dirt road on your right, and Old Fields Road will start to descend. Follow the road down.
- The property and entrance will be on your right. Slow down, the entrance is slightly hidden.
- If you come to a switch back with a “No Dumping” sign you went too far.
Directions to Old Fields Post Office from Interstate 81 (coming from DC or South):
- Exit 296 off 81 Strasburg
- Take Rt. 55 West towards Wardensville
- Follow it through Wardensville, it is the main street, and out the other side then take New Rt. 55 / Rt. 48. Do not take the old Rt. 55 – it is a nice road but takes longer.
- Follow New Rt. 55 / Rt. 48 (large four lane) out to Moorefield about 15-20 miles, exit at the second Moorefield exit, which is Rt. 220.
- Follow the slip road to the light next to the Mc Donald’s; this is Rt. 220, turn right, heading North out of town towards Romney.
- The South Branch Inn is on the right, then Walmart.
- Continue on 220. You should pass over a river, when you pass Old Fields Storage on your left you are getting close to the turn.
- You are looking for Old Fields Road (County Road 2) on the left. It is 3 miles outside Moorefield.
- The intersection is marked by The Old Field’s Country Store. The only gas station (good place to fill up, grab last-minutes supplies, and rest room is clean) will be on the right and Old Fields Post Office on the left.
Directions to Old Fields Post Office from PA on Interstate 81:
- Take Exit 317 onto Rt. 37 South. Once on 37 take Rt. 50 West – should be second exit.
- Take Rt. 50 West towards Romney WV – this is the road to the Cove.
- Follow Rt. 50 through Romney and continue West for 6 miles from the bridge.
- At Junction turn left onto 220 South.
- Continue South on 220 for 14 Miles. You will pass through the Village of Purgitsville and the next village will be Old Fields. Look for a long straight with the only gas station on the left hand side (good place to fill up, grab last-minutes supplies, and rest room is clean), this is the Old Fields Country Store. On the right will be the Old Fields Post Office.